Suggestions & Volunteering
We are always receptive to suggestions for programs and encourage people to work or volunteer for many of our planned activities.
Recreation Department's Online Services
Please check our online service. Services include requesting field reservations, registering for programs and activities. You can also make online payments via credit or debit cards too!
Picnic Area Reservations
Note: The Recreation Department will start accepting Picnic and Field Reservations on March 1 each year. If March 1st falls on a weekend, reservations will start on the following Monday.
The Township requires groups of 15 or more to have permits to use the picnic areas at Smith Field Park, Volunteers Park, Knoll Park, Lake Parsippany Park and Lenni Lenape Park. Picnic permits are issued starting the beginning of March each year. Reservations can be made in person at the Recreation Office and online.
View the current Permit Fees list (PDF).
Court and all Field Reservations & Information
The Recreation Dept takes reservations for a variety of Township Facilities. If you would like to make a reservation for a Tennis, Pickle Ball or Basketball Court please email the Recreation Department.
For all types of fields, that is Baseball, Softball, Cricket, Football, Soccer, Field Hockey, Lacrosse, etc please email the Recreation Department.
- Fees and Rates (PDF)
- TimeSlots for Softball and Baseball
- Rental Waiver (Signed Rental Waiver Required for All Permits) (PDF)
- Sample Certificate of Insurance for All Sports Organizations and Sport Rentals (PDF)
- Sample Certificate of Insurance for Corporate - Organization Rentals (PDF)
- Sample Certificate of Insurance for Non-Sporting Event with Alcohol (PDF)
- Sample Certificate of Insurance for Non-Sporting Event Without Alcohol (PDF)
- Teen Volunteer Opportunities (PDF)