Recycling & Sanitation
The Division of Recycling and Sanitation is responsible for the pick-up and removal of all trash and recyclable material for the residents of Parsippany. Service details and regulations governing the collection of household garbage, recyclables, yard waste and all other refuse are listed here.
The employees of the Sanitation/Recycling work hard to provide good, reliable year round service, often under very difficult weather conditions. With your help and consideration by following these guidelines our goals of providing the best possible service will be achieved.
Are You Planning to Move
The Township will accept several extra bags of garbage at curbside on your second pickup, but you must contact a private hauler (located in the phone book under rubbish removal) to arrange for a container for the removal of all large items. The Sanitation Department is not obligated to pick up up the contents of a whole house at the curb. Residents will be subject to a summons if these instructions are not followed.
- Leaf Bags 2019
- Autumn Clean Up 2019
- Adverse Weather Conditions Guidelines (PDF)
- Curbside Pick Up Dos and Donts (PDF)
- District Guide (PDF)
- Electronic Equipment Guidelines (PDF)
- Guidelines for Proper Disposal of Household Medication (PDF)
- Household Hazardous Waste Guidelines (PDF)
- New - Single Stream Recycling (PDF)
- Recycling - Sanitation Districts (PDF)
- Recycling Donts (PDF)
- Rules for Disposing of Batteries (PDF)
- Syringe and Lancet Disposal Instructions from Morris County (PDF)
- White Goods Guidelines (PDF)
- Recycling Yard Closed Dates 2019
- 2019 Parsippany-Troy Hills Garbage and Recycling Calendar
- Paving and Milling 2019