Town of Boonton
The Town of Boonton is a shared court with the Parsippany Municipal Court. All transactions are now handled by Parsippany, 3333 Route 46E, Parsippany.
Borough of Rockaway
The Borough of Rockaway Municipal Court is a shared court with the Parsippany Municipal Court. All transactions are now handled by Parsippany, 3333 Route 46E, Parsippany
Municipal court is considered a court of limited jurisdiction. The court handles:
- All other proceedings in which jurisdiction is granted by statue
- Boating infractions
- Complementary methods of dispute resolution
- Disorderly persons offenses
- Fish and game
- Motor vehicle and traffic violations
- Other non-indictable offenses not within exclusive control of Superior Court
- Penalty enforcement
- Violations of municipal ordinances
Court Is in Session
Court is in session on:
- Tuesdays at 12:30 p.m. and 2 p.m., first appearances at 2:30 p.m.
- Thursday at 9 a.m. and 11 a.m.
Community Dispute Resolution Committee
The Township of Parsippany-Troy Hills has a Community Dispute Resolution Committee. This panel of specially trained mediators enables residents, at the municipal level, to resolve minor problems and disputes without having to resort to litigation. In order to appear before the Committee, a complaint must be filed with the municipal court for referral by the judge.